Ductless Fume Hoods
Arbe Machine of New York is a trusted supplier and distributor of quality industrial machines and equipment. Among these is our great ductless fume extractor selection. These machines can be easily mounted on any wall and protect workers from harmful fumes being breathed in. Their mobility may be their biggest benefit, as they are easy to install since they do no require duct-work.
Two other benefits from using this sort of machine is the fact that the air is not removed from the workplace, which keeps it temperature controlled. Also, the contaminated air is not pumped into the atmosphere, simply run through the filters. However, there are some downsides to this sort of fume hood:
- The filters need to be regularly maintained and replaced.
- There is a greater risk of chemical exposure.
- The noise may become an issue since the extract fan is near the person operating the machine.
How Ductless Fume Hoods Work
Ductless fume hoods are most commonly used for educational and training purposes. In most cases, these units have a fan mounted on the top of the hood and the air is then sucked through the front opening of the hood. The air passes through a filter before going through the fan and is proceeded to be fed back into the workplace.
With this sort of hood, it is imperative that the filter medium is able to remove the hazardous or noxious material being used. This means that you will need to select the right filter required for the task. A recirculating fume hood should only be used when changes are not expected and the hazard is well-established.
Air Filtration Types for Fume Hoods
The air filtration of ductless fume hoods is usually divided into two aspects:
- Pre-filtration: This is the first stage of filtration. It consists of a physical barrier, which then prevents larger particles from passing through the filter. The filters used in this process are usually not too expensive and can last up to six months.
- Main Filtration: After the pre-filtration is complete, the fumes then pass through a layer of activated charcoal. This charcoal absorbs the majority of chemicals and toxins that go through it, but some still sneak by, such as ammonia and carbon monoxide. This means that specific filtration techniques can be used to help stop chemicals that can be returned into the room. Depending on how these filters are used, they typically last about two years.
Ductless Fume Hoods Distributor
Arbe Machine has years of experience providing customers nationwide with the highest quality industrial machines. This includes ductless fume hoods. These fume hoods are top of the line and can provide you place of business with an efficient machine that will keep you and your employees healthy. And for your convenience, we ship nationwide. If you are interested in our line of products, please contact us today. Call 631-756-2477 to speak to a representative from our office. We will gladly help you with any questions or concerns you may have about any of our products.